Monday 2 November 2015

Very Berry Portlebay Popcorn

Very Berry is the first of sweet popcorn flavours up for review from the box that Portlebay sent me. I've never tried a berry flavoured popcorn before, but I always like red and purple sweets best, so I was looking forward to trying this out. 


The popcorn looked very girlie because it is dusted a pretty pink colour. It is Portlebay's signature style- light and fluffy yet satisfyingly crunchy. The berry flavouring is sweet and almost fizzy, reminding me of their Lemon Sherbet Popcorn which was the product that made me fall ever-so-slightly in love with the brand in the first place. Unfortunately my palette is not developed enough to determine the individual notes of blackcurrants, cranberries and raspberries; but it is definitely a berry flavour nonetheless. 



I think that this is a lovely product, and it's a pretty healthy snack option if you're craving sweeties but don't want all of the sugar. I think I marginally prefer their Lemon Sherbet flavour, but there's not a huge gap between the two. 

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment