Monday 30 May 2016

NEW! Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie 'Wich (Tesco Express)

I was outraged at the extortionate price of Ben & Jerry's single packs at the beginning of April when when I reviewed the Cookie Dough 'Wichs. But then I got hooked to the idea of ice cream sandwiches and tried ALDI's own version before returning to B&J's with their mini Sons of a 'Wich. During those latter two reviews I mentioned about my hunt for the elusive Chocolate Fudge Brownie 'Wichs which don't seem to be available anywhere in my little city. Fortunately I stayed with my sister in Cardiff this weekend and finally found them in the little Tesco express down the bay. It was with great resistance that I parted with £3.98 for two mass-produced ice creams - I don't think I've ever stumped up that much before. Still, it was cheaper than eating out, and the perfect post-pizza pud to watch the finals of BGT with. 






"We’ve recently been wondering if we could make Chocolate Fudge Brownie even more chocolatey but, with so many chunks & Fairtrade ingredients in there, we’re strapped for space! So we thought outside the tub & realised the best way to top it was to bottom it too...with cookies! Presenting our hand-finished ‘Wich: legendary Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, sandwiched between double chocolate chip cookies."
A chocoholic's dream come true; the outer cookies looked rich and indulgent, whilst the fudge brownie ice cream appeared as inviting as ever -I couldn't wait to get stuck in. 



I'm not sure if I can put into words just how much I enjoyed the Chocolate Fudge Brownie 'Wich. The cookies weren't as firm or as chewy as the Cookie Dough versions, but they were gloriously squidgy and more like a thin chocolate brownie. The flavour was bold, thankfully satisfying my cravings once and for all. The combination of chocolate 'cookies' and chocolate ice cream had the potential to become overly saccharine, but somehow Ben & Jerry's reined it in, and I was left with a big grin on my face -utterly delicious. 



I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would pay out the astonishingly high RRP again just to get another fix... But I'm writing that with my fingers crossed, hoping that the big-wigs at Ben & Jerry's hear my prayers for them to be released as a multipack.  

10/10

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'm glad to hear they're worth the huge price tag. I haven't seen any of these yet but may have to bite the bullet and pay it if I do - especially if they're that tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a brownie fan then they are a must! xx

      Delete
  2. How can I subscribe to new posts on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, if you send me an email amyseeksnewtreats@gmail.com I'll subscribe you! I'm very old school like that!

      Delete