Monday 11 January 2016

Trek Peanut Power Bar (Boots)

Given how much I adored the Trek Cocoa Chaos bar, I decided to pick up their Peanut Power bar this week. This Trek bar contains: 100% natural ingredients, no added sugar, 1 of your 5 a day, and they're wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and Vegan to boot. Wowzers! Does a snack get much healthier than that?


Anyway, following Erin's advice (from Guilt Free Veggie), I popped my bar in the microwave for 30 seconds so as to enjoy it warm with a cup of coffee.  


Christ. Can a bar that tastes this good really be so saintly? The bar went soft and gooey, in a similar way to hot peanut buttery toast, which made it utterly comforting. The nutty flavour was striking, probably due to it containing real peanut butter (11%) and peanuts (8%). Dates account for 33% of the bar's ingredients, which makes me believe the great things I keep hearing about the combination of peanut butter and mejool dates. 

Yum, yum, yum. Well done Trek... I'll been keeping an eager eye out for the Banana Blast bars... 

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment