Friday 8 January 2016

New Peanut & Caramel Müllerlight (Tesco)

My stomach fell through the floor the other day when I saw the picture Katherine (from Grocery Gems) posted on Instagram of the new limited edition Müllerlight flavour: Peanut & Caramel. I briefly thought it was an April fools, but then realised that we're only just into January. I hot-footed it down to ASDA (where I had no luck) then on to Waitrose (who didn't even know what I was talking about) before ending up in Tesco -who had five single pots on the shelf. Being my usual greedy self, I grabbed all of the pots and rushed on home. 


The yoghurt was typically runny in Müllerlight's characteristic fashion, with a warm beige colour.


On to the tasting... The first thing I noticed was the artificial sweetness, which unsuprisingly lacked the depth and almost burnt-like tones of true caramel. The peanut came through after, but not in a rich peanut-buttery way, it also just tasted super synthetic. Oddly, the flavour reminded me of the warm drink 'Peanut Hottie' if you've ever had that before! The yoghurt had an odd fruity element, but I'm not sure where I got that from.

All in all, its a bit odd. It feels like Müller have sadly missed the mark slightly with this new limited edition yoghurt, but I'm hoping it grows on me as I make my way through my remaining four pots. If you're a dedicated peanut butter fan though, don't get your hopes up. 

5/10

4 comments:

  1. Agreed, I was very disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! Müller say it's for 'peanut butter fans' but I don't agree...

      Delete
  2. Its this its that,if its that bad dont buy it, but all in all do you have better peanut flavour yogurt in the market??
    I love it and am really disappointed that they stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But there wasn't any Peanut in it, that was the point. Trust me, I didn't buy any more..! I have heard that mixing PB2 into yogurt is tastier :)

      Delete