Tuesday 12 January 2016

NEW! Coconut & Pineapple Flavour Popcorn (Boots)

Whilst picking up my meal deal from Boots, I spied this new Coconut & Pineapple flavour popcorn. I hesitated, wondering whether it would fare any better than their rather revolting Cinnamon & Vanilla flavour which I reviewed back in October, but as the bag cost just 70p I decided to take a punt on Boot's having improved their range. 




I opened it up, and saw lots of fluffy looking plain coloured kernels. I could detect a slight whiff of tropical flavour, which unfortunately wasn't as aromatic as the popcorn made my Propercorn or Portlebay. Biting into my corn, I realised that the flavour was just as lacking as the smell -there was the mildest hint of pineapple, with absolutely no coconut to be found. 



The kernels lacked the crunchiness of Portlebay's Kracklecorn, and without any flavour to back it up, I just felt like I was eating mouthful upon mouthful of polystyrene. To make things worse there was loads of unpopped corn, and at one point I actually thought I'd broken a tooth. Propercorn Peanut & Almond is an absolute taste sensation and utter joy to munch, but this popcorn from Boots just felt like a never-ending chore to eat. 

1/10

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum tried this yesterday and totally agreed with you, she said that this was the most awful thing that she has ever eaten! She shouted at me for not investigating more into it haha, ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh Erin they were SO bad, I feel sorry for your poor mum having also succumbed to their fancy sounding flavour.. They're no ProperCorn peanut & almond, that's for sure!

      Delete