Saturday 16 January 2016

Reese's White Peanut Butter Cups (Tesco)

 I was lucky enough to receive a huge stash of peanut butter goodies for Christmas from both my other half and Nibs 'N' Scribs -including lots of Reese's goodies. I'm a huge fan of Reese's products, and simply adore the combination of sickly sweet chocolate flavoured coating and salty peanut butter filling. I'd tried most of the peanut butter goodies before (Nutter Butter Bites & PB Twix) but until Christmas I hadn't tasted the cookie dough bites or the white Reese's cups. 


The white Reese's excited me as I love white chocolate, but I wasn't sure if the sheer amount of sugar would knock the confection off kilter and into the realm of sickliness. 

'Peanut Butter Crème in a White Chocolate Flavoured Coating.'

I needn't have worried. As usual, Hershey's had perfected the ratio of coating to filling. The chocolate wasn't the best I've ever had, but it's a damn site better than many of the cheaper white chocolate products on the market. The peanut butter centre was pure nutty heaven, and the two elements worked in perfect salt and sweet harmony.


I think I actually prefer this to the standard chocolate Reese's cups! Fortunately our local Tesco stocks them for £1.20 per pack so I'll be buying them again and again as a special treat.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment