Thursday 14 January 2016

Billionaire Bullion Bar (M&S)

I've had my beady eye on the Billionaire Bullion Bars since their release in late Autumn, but seeing as I'm a cheap-skate, I've not forked out the £4 to try them.  I received an M&S gift card recently, which provided a good excuse for finally treating the other half and I to these devilishly indulgent desserts.


'Layers of salted caramel sauce, caramel flavour mousse, chocolate ganache and shortbread crumb encased in a golden chocolate shell.'

The bars looked beautiful with their shimmery gold coating. I turned it upside down to discover that it was full of chocolate covered shortbread balls.




The chocolate casing was super thick which meant it took quite a bit of effort to crack into, but boy it was worth the effort! The caramel mousse was light and fluffy whilst the salted caramel sauce had a wonderful depth of flavour. The chocolate ganache was very smooth and rich, and the chocolatey balls added a crunch that made the dessert all the more texturally interesting. The gold chocolate casing was consistently thick all the way round, and M&S didn't slack on its quality either -It was rich, creamy and indulgent.



This dessert by M&S is for sweet-toothed chocoholics only; all of the components are of the best quality but the bar can become quite sickly. For me, I adored the bar in all its chocolate and salted caramel glory...

I'd better get that first at Uni so I can afford to shop at M&S more regularly in the future!

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment