Monday 4 January 2016

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

The lovely Nibs'n' Scribs sent me a lovely parcel of peanut infused goodies for Christmas, including a box of these American peanut butter cookie dough bites. I've seen them dotted about the place, popping up every now and then in an array of random shops -from Tesco to Poundland- but I hadn't tried them, until now.



'Bite Size Peanut Butter Cookie Dough in Creamy Milk Chocolate'

The bites were irregular little nuggets, with a chocolate coating that was darker than typical British milk chocolate. Biting into my first cookie dough bite, I discovered the chocolate to be a similar standard to most American chocolate- with a greasy almost synthetic taste. The centre had a gritty peanut-buttery texture, but that's unfortunately where the similarity ceased. I couldn't even detect a hint of nuttiness. Worrying that my taste-buds were failing me, I gave one to my other half to try (who absolutely detests peanut butter) and he couldn't taste its presence either.



I'm not sure if my box missed the peanut butter step in the production process, but these bites didn't live up to expectations. I sound terribly ungrateful Nibs (sorry) but I'm grateful for the thought, and so thank you again for giving me the opportunity to try them!

2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment