Tuesday 19 January 2016

Monty Bojangles Choccy Scoffy Cocoa Dusted Truffles (Tesco)

Monty Bojangles is a name that I've only come across recently; 1 treat reviewed their bonbons back in October, and only last week Hannah (the review addict) reviewed their bubbly truffles. Both of the ladies gave the products very high scores, so i couldn't resist the mini box of Monty Bojangles' Choccy Scoffy truffles reduced to clear in the January sales.  


The pretty 27g box contained three individually wrapped cocoa dusted truffles. The strong, dark chocolatey aroma welcomed my nostrils as soon as I unwrapped the first one, and it wasn't long until I took my first bite. 



Wow. They pack a punch; they are dark, and taste every bit as indulgent as they sound. As always, I kept my chocolate in the fridge, so they were quite firm, but that meant I could savour them as they melted away so obligingly in my mouth. 




These Choccy Scoffy chocolates are delicious, and terribly moreish. Indeed, if the individual wrappers were an attempt at preventing the consumer from eating them all in one go, they need to perhaps think about padlocking each truffle instead. Monty Bojangles Choccy Scoffy Truffles reminded me of a solid version of Gu's ganache -and that's certainly no bad thing. The larger boxes are stocked in all the major supermarkets year round, and I'm sure I'll buy them long before Christmas rolls around again. 

9/10 

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing these in shops...may have to buy some now! I've seen a salted version in B&M bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you need to pick them up if you see them! It sounds like your B&M is much more fun than mine :)

      Delete