Monday 21 March 2016

NEW! Ginger Options Hot Chocolate (Home Bargains)

I'm in the midst of a hot chocolate phase at the moment. No day is complete without my mid afternoon mug, and I've been gradually reacquainting myself with the entire Options range.

I was chuffed last month when I discovered that Home Bargains were selling 6 packs of the mocha flavour for 50p, and since then I've been regularly stocking up. Last week however, they'd replace the sachets with an Options flavour that I'd never seen before, and for some unknown reason, the idea of a ginger hot chocolate threw me. At first I was even a little repulsed, but then I remembered that I've got somewhat of an affinity for Lebkuchen and came round to the idea. Not completely convinced, I gingerly* bought one sachet. 



I've given up on hot chocolate made up with anything other than 100% milk. Yes it's a little more faff, but my-oh-my it tastes so much nicer! I had every intention of making a milky paste before adding the rest of the liquid, but I got sidetracked and before I knew it, my mug of lumpy hot chocolate was in the microwave. Luckily, after a lot of stirring, the lumps abated, resulting in a beautifully frothy hot chocolate.



The gingery scent wasn't as strong as I'd imagined it would be, and this reflected in the taste too. The sweet, familiar chocolate was the most predominant flavour, with a little hint of spice in the background. I was glad it was this way round -after all the dark chocolate coating is the strongest flavour in my favoured Lebkuchen- and it's the way the combination works best. 

The new (or maybe not-so-new?) ginger hot chocolate from Options is a good addition to the range. It's by no means my favourite, but it's not a flavour I'd shy away from in the future.

7/10

*Yes, I know, I'm still not funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment