Tuesday 19 April 2016

NEW! Aero Mousse Caramel

I've been searching for the new Aero Mousse caramel edition everywhere since it was supposedly launched on 15th February, but as always Hereford has been slow on the catch up. What made the wait even more difficult is that I'd read great feedback from people (including Kev) who had managed to get their hands on them. I finally stumbled across them this week in my local corner shop, but I've since seen them in Morrisons.



I've only recently tried the standard Aero Mousse bars and I have to admit that I was completely unimpressed by them. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge fan of Nestle chocolate, and I didn't really get the point of the Aero Mousse -to me it was indifferent to their standard bubbly bar. I hoped that the addition of the caramel layer would make the bar stand out.

The chocolate bar consisted of 8 domed segments, and once the bars were broken, both layers were easily distinguishable. 



The bottom layer was Nestle's normal bubbly Aero bar: kind of chalky in terms of flavour, but tasting better than I remember. The caramel layer on top however was something rather special, it was buttery and the taste reminded me of the iconic caramac bar. I'm not sure I would have described it as particularly moussey, it was so texturally similar to the normal aero texture, but it tasted heavenly. My only issue was that some segments contained more caramel than others, and I think the bar would work even better by a higher ratio of caramel:chocolate. 

The new Aero Mousse Caramel is a far superior bar to the original, and definitely worth trying. I'm already looking forward to my next fix, and it's not very often at all that I crave Nestle chocolate! 

8/10








4 comments:

  1. I still haven't been able to find it yet!! I hope I can soon..I really want to try it especially after I've read all the good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't been able to find it yet!! I hope I can soon..I really want to try it especially after I've read all the good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've no idea why it's so hard to find.. Fingers crossed you find the elusive aero soon xx

      Delete
    2. Spotted them in ASDA too this morning!

      Delete