Friday 30 October 2015

Mini Merryteaser Reindeer

So I lasted until the last week of October until I finally caved and bought my first festive food treat, which I don't think is too bad considering mince pies launched in our co-op around about the end of August. I know maltester-y reindeers aren't new but apparently the mini versions are. I bought these 5pk from B&M for approximately 90p.



Each chocolate is individually wrapped in Maltesers' traditional red, with a little reindeer outlined in the front. They are only 63 calories each, which means they are only about the size of my thumb. Packaging removed they are oddly shaped little characters who are borderline alien-esque due to their apparent lack of eyes! Cutting the chocolate in half, you can see the smooth malty filling dotted with honeycomb pieces. 


The chocolate is Mars' typically silky affair and the filling provides a decent contrast of textures. The smooth part of the centre is reminiscent of the discontinued (and greatly missed) Mars Delight bars. There wasn't as many honeycomb bites as I'd have liked, but it's still a winning combination.


The biggest trouble is that they're little more than a dainty mouthful each, and they're devilishly moreish!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment