Sunday 20 September 2015

McVities Caramel Digestive Slices

I'm not sure how long these have been about, but when I saw these McVities Caramel Digestive Slices on offer in ASDA (at the bargain price of 64p for 6) I couldn't resist.



These are described as 'digestive slices topped with caramel and milk chocolate'
Each slice is 129cals (6.9g fat 3.7g sat fat 10.3g sugar)

I think McVities caramel digestives are a marvellous creation and so I had high expectations from these slices. Each slice is individually wrapped- perfect for a treat on the go. I opened the pack to discover a decent biscuit layer topped with a (slightly indistinguishable) caramel layer and smooth milk chocolate topping.



I bit into the slice and entered my own little segment of heaven. The biscuity bottom tasted exactly like a decent cheesecake base should- buttery and decadent. The caramel and chocolate top were deliciously sleek and the combination was perfectly rich. The slices aren't that big, and so I savoured every nibble.



It turns out that McVities have got size felt just right, any more and the slice could easily trip into the realms of  being sickly.

I'll definitely buy these again. 

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment