Sunday 21 August 2016

NEW! Strawberry Cheesecake Oreos (Sainsburys)

Once again, my local ASDA fails me. For weeks now I have been enviously eyeing up the packs of strawberry cheesecake Oreos that have been popping up all over instagram. So bad has my jealousy become that I am making (almost) daily trips to ASDA, just to check whether they've had them in yet. I could have cried yesterday when I saw a big 'New Oreo' advert in the store's entrance, to still find none on the shelves. Surely the mega supermarket chain couldn't be so cruel? I double checked and asked the staff members if Hereford had received them and not put them out yet.. but alas, no, there was none to be found. Later that very same day I visited Sainsbury's to stock up on Skyr, and popped my head round their biscuit section. Well, I'll be damned, what was staring back at me? The holy cheesecakey grail! At £1.20 per pack it was 2.4x more than what everyone else is paying for them in ASDA... but I'd been searching so hard for them that I couldn't let my inner scrimper win. 


The strawberry flavour was really quite overwhelming, reminding me nostalgically of Nesquik -I'll always choose banana though! From an aesthetics viewpoint I was also fond of the contrast between baby pink centre and characteristically dark cookie. 



Well, I'm not sure I could agree upon their cheesecakeyness, but the strawberry flavour was every bit as milky and sweet as it smelt. Chocolate & strawberry is often a match made in heaven -chocolate dunked fresh strawberries, yes please!- but it can also be downright disgusting if the combination ticks over into the sickly realm (if you want the strawberry creams from my Roses tin at Christmas, please help yourself). Fortunately, despite the aforementioned sweetness of the strawberry centre in these Oreos, the almost bitter darkness of the cookie pulled the balance of flavours back into harmony. 


The new strawberry cheesecake Oreos are undeniably delicious and utterly moreish. I would even go as far as to say that they're my second favourite flavour ever (the top spot remains with the American Reese's filled versions) and they're definitely my new favourite British Oreo. Now ASDA, please stock them pronto!  

9/10

P.S If you're still not convinced.. pop on over to Nibbles'N'Scribbles' review.

7 comments:

  1. I'm praying for a banana milkshake version!! Thanks for the mention lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a Banana Split Oreo here in the States a few years ago--I rather liked them :).

      Delete
    2. I saw a pic of them on Instagram a few days ago, they sounded insane! So so envious.. :)

      Delete
  2. Snap with the strawberry creams (and the Orange creams), thankfully they're my housemates fave so it usually works out! I like all the toffee ones, but they wreck havoc with my poor teeth! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww, yes the orange creams are awful too! Mind you I don't like creme eggs either...! Mmm can I nab your green triangles then? ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete