Wednesday 8 June 2016

Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Yogurts (ALDI)

Following my disappointment at Danone's new 'Light and Free' yogurt range, I thought I'd branch out and give ALDI's fat free Greek style yogurts a go. I'd seen various Instagrammers comment on how good they were so what was there to lose? Priced at between 89p and 99p per four-pack they were much cheaper than their branded counterparts. Please accept my apologies for the lack of photos, I deleted a load off my camera without meaning to, oops! 




Toffee

The first ALDI yogurt I tried was this toffee flavoured variety. The pack was labelled as new, but given how little I've shopped at ALDI -until recently- I'm not sure as to how new they truly are!

Thicker than Muller's greek style yogurts, my spoon sliced through it. It was as sweet as expected with a pretty generic toffee flavour. I preferred it to Muller -so much so that I made the trip back to to my local ALDI in order to try the fruity layered ones...

8/10

Greek Style Layered Yogurts

Available in cherry, strawberry and peach & passionfruit flavours, these look very different to Muller's pots as they come in an opaque pot. I'm not sure why I found that offputting, but I did! 


The top part was the yogurt layer; well balanced between sour and sweet. A pleasant change from Muller, who I often find is heavy-handed with the artificial sweeteners. It was as thick as my favourite Liberte Greek style yogurts, which I'd certainly buy more of if they weren't so expensive! 




Underneath was a generous layer of compote, which was very sweet, but not unexpectedly so. Paired with the slightly acidic yogurt the fruit worked well, and I enjoyed all of the flavours equally! 

9/10

If you're a flavoured Greek Yogurt sort of person, I highly recommend that you give ALDI's own brand versions a go. They're cheaper than Muller, and yummier to boot. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'd choose them over Liberte if they were the same price, but whilst I'm a student the pennies rule out (most of the time).


2 comments:

  1. better macros than the muller ones as well! will have to give the cherry a go after your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I don't understand macros I'm afraid. Please let me know what you think of them Alex!

      Delete