Tuesday 22 March 2016

Reese's Crunchy Peanut Butter Cups (American Soda)

I've been hankering after Reese's crunchy peanut butter cups for a long while. I keep seeing pictures of them pop up on my Instagram feed* but I haven't been able to locate them for love nor money. Lady luck popped up at the oddest of times however, when I finally found a stall selling them at Birmingham's Comic-Con of all places! They were priced at more than American Fizz & American Soda's sell them for, but both sites have been out of stock every time I've placed an order. 



The crunchy peanut butter cups look no different to their smooth counterparts, but once sliced the peanut pieces could be seen. The chocolate coating was Reese's standard waxy stuff, a sweet backdrop for the treasure within. The welcomed saltiness transported me into the peanut butter heaven that I've become accustomed to, and I waited for the crunch... but it was more munch. The peanut pieces weren't as chunky as I'd have liked, nor were they in generous supply. There was the occasional hardness, sure, but it wasn't as texturally interesting as I'd have expected. In fact, I think the Wawel peanut butter bar was more crunchy than this Reese's version.


Please don't misunderstand me, I devoured the peanut butter cups and enjoyed every little morsel, I just wish that Reese's had been more courageous with the crunch that they'd promised of. 

7/10

* come find me on instagram: amyseeksnewtreats
 and whilst you're at it, you might as well follow me on Twitter too ;) @seeksnewtreats

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so super spooky but I saw these online earlier and was going to tweet you to see if you'd tried them yet, then this bloomin' review pops up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That's eerie! Are you a crunchy or a smooth kind of girl?

      Delete