Sunday 22 November 2015

NEW Naughty But Rice Coconut & Raspberry

Naughty but rice is a new British company who produce indulgent rice puddings made with whole milk and cream. They make three different 'fabulous flavours': Salted Caramel, Chocolate Orange and Coconut and Raspberry, which are stocked in Morrisons stores. I thought I'd take advantage of their offer price of 75p (for one pot) to try their Coconut and Raspberry as  I love coconut but it's relatively underused in British desserts. 



Each 140g dessert comes in a very pretty little pot decorated with Pop Art style illustrations. Naughty But Rice advise that you can eat it hot or cold, but given how cold it was last night I decided to heat mine up in the microwave. The coconut and raspberry flavour does not come from a layer like the Muller rice pots, but is incorporated into the whole dessert, which means it's a pretty dusky pink colour. 


I heated mine for the suggested one minute, but it was only lukewarm and so I popped it back into the microwave for a further 30 seconds. I might have made a mistake though, because the dessert was really claggy -almost the same consistency as peanut butter- something I'm not used to as a regular consumer of Muller Rice. The flavour however was delicious, the coconut and raspberry both came through wonderfully in equal measures. It was a comforting combination and brought me right back to being a child and enjoying warm jam & coconut sponge.


If I buy these again, I'll try them cold and see if it's less claggy, but I'm not in any hurry- I think I'll be sticking to my Muller. 

6/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment